Saturday, August 22, 2009

Movie Review: Inglorious Basterds

Let's start off by saying that this is a Quentin Tarantino movie. Yes, as you may imagine, it is violent and shocking. And a little long by standard movie comparison. But it is a Tarantino movie, a vision if you like, of how World War 2 should have worked out, at least in his twisted mind!


Inglorious Basterds brings together Brad Pitt, as Lt. Aldo Raine,


and eight Jewish American soldiers, about to be dropped behind enemy lines in occupied France, to do one thing, and one thing only: killing Nazis!
I applaud Tarantino for telling this story in English, German and French, with subtitles when required. It is a little heavy on the dialogue, as most Tarantino movies are. But this is how he develops his characters.

I don't want to reveal too much about the movie; I invite you to go see it and judge it for yourself. Personally, I'd like to see it again, so I can make up my mind about it properly; I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment